Monday, January 19, 2009

Robin and Chester


I wish my brother could see this. Robin (my niece) is growing into such a beautiful special person. This is her letter to the British Columbia SPCA:


" I am following up from reading BARK magazine-the kindness guide. I looked on
our shampoo bottles for the bunny symbol (which means it's not tested on
animals). I googled the names of all our shampoos. It was very interesting,
but not that simple. For example: burt's bees. We (my mom and I) checked its
label and it said it was not tested on animals; but when we looked on the
Internet we found out that it was bought by Clorox. Clorox says that it does
"employ outside agencies to conduct animal tests...where required by the EPA
and other regulating bodies".

Thank you for helping me to learn about these issues. I really love animals
and want to use products that are not tested on them.

from,
Robin Horner, age 9
kids club member "


I'm so proud of her, just wanted to sharee. People are saying she gets her love of animals from me, but I think it comes all from within her. Her Mom is a great animal lover too and her Dad was one of the brightest people I've ever know, so Robin has a great gene pool, plus a very unique spirit all her own.
I'm so proud of her!

2 comments:

Ellyn said...

Oh Cat, what a beautiful little girl! She looks just like you in profile, or how I imagine you must have looked as a child anyway. Her inner gentleness just emmanates from her. So sweet...

Cat said...

Hi Ellyn..actually she looks a lot more like John when he was little, only a red haired feminine version! And she is truly sweet and special. Her teachers have often commented to Karen that whenever another child is upset or hurt, Robin is right there to comfort them. Her Dad was like that too,deeply sensitive to others. Thanks for the comment!