Saturday, July 5, 2008

Not Ready Yet

So, a few days ago this appeared in the Wakefield News, and my heart stuck in my throat to read the words:
" We have just adopted an 8 week old border collie and lab mix pup. She's a treat to train already!! She was the second to go in a litter of 7, so there are 5 cuties left, looking for the right homes. If you are serious and "available" for the commitment, please give Michelle or Rob a call @ .. I encourage a voluntary contribution to cover quality feed and exceptional care offered during their first 2 months. The pups have been given an all 'round excellent start!! Have a great summer.."

Oh - I am so not ready. And just becasue a pup is border collie/Lab doesn't mean she's Lila..I feel like Dan and I have a very precious time here, so much love, closeness and learning, it may be best to leave things as they are. I mean - no one can ever replace a dog who has died anymore than you can a father, sibling, child...but, it's a powereful life affirming move to take another into your heart.

I just don't feel ready. I'm adopting a dove, and two goats, and another rabbit. The dog will show herself when i am ready....for now, I am juts loving being with Danny and moving into tomorrow with hope, trust and joy.

Luke and Lila are everywhere aaround us.

No comments: