Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Morning Has Broken








Looking at the puppy pics of Danny I have to laugh at the same time I feel a wave of sadness; they are only little like that for such a short time. Ahh, but he was funny. Wide eyed, hyper-busy(Hurricane Daniel) full of love. What a blessing he is. I looked through all my folders of his early pictures and hauled out my favourites. I'll put a few more up later this week. I hope you enjoy them half as much as I do - I hope to give a sense of who danny is, because beyond being a very handsome boy now, he's such a dear loving spirit. It's fun and very healing for me to share him with others.

A few minutes ago I took a breather from typing and went outside to look at the sunrise. It was so lovely, shining through the mist, I had to snap a few pictures. I think these work beautifully with one of my favourite Blessings from John O'Donohue.

Mornings are always, for me, a time of prayer and reflection, renewal and re-creation. The time I spend outside with Daniel helps to deepen my sense of communion with God, nature and with others. Some times, the world outside is so full of wonder as to be overwhelming to me.


Matins

Somewhere out at the edges, the night
Is turning and the waves of darkness
Begin to brighten the shore of dawn
The heavy dark falls back to earth
And the freed air goes wild with light
The heart fills with fresh, bright breath
And thoughts stir to give birth to colour.

I arise today

In the name of Silence
Womb of the Word
In the name of Stillness
Home of Belonging
In the name of the Solitude
Of the Soul and the Earth.


I arise today

Blessed by all things,
Wings of breath,
Delight of eyes,
Wonder of whisper,
Intimacy of touch,
Eternity of soul,
Urgency of thought,
Miracle of health,
Embrace of God.

May I live this day

Compassionate of heart,
Clear in word,
Gracious in awareness,
Courageous in thought,
Generous in love.







2 comments:

Ellyn said...

That is one magnificent blessing - that man can awaken the most poignant in the everyday and grace it with love. ellyn

Cat said...

Glad you liked it Ellyn - and I love how he makes his powerful sense of the Spirit so accessible for everyone, for those who may not share his own beliefs strictly speaking. Anyone with a sense of the spiritual can relate to these words. I love this one too.

Cat