Wednesday, June 11, 2008

People Smile and Tell Me I'm the Lucky One




Daniel.

I had to pop in here and tell you my thoughts. You know about an hour ago, we were outside, and just sitting together under the aspen tree? Well, I got sad, and you knew it, and so I interrupted our little reverie to go write about the Bo. Just a thing I do that helps me get my thoughts sorted out - I know you were loving our time out there and I'm sorry I had to break it up like that. ...but I had to talk to the Bo, and it was all good. So now, I guess I'm ready to go back out there and sit down and hang with you and Jaye, and enjoy the day. But first, I have to tell you how much I love you - cherish you - delight in you - and that I promise on my honour to spend more time with you and less time frittering away my energy on stuff that means so much less.

I know you're hurting, my good little boy. I know you miss her and you're confused and sad. So we can just find that balance between active grief, which I think is so important to honour, and cheering each other up - a thing I must say YOU are far better at than I am.I see a change in you of late and I worry. your bright and exuberant joy in absolutely everything is so much who you are. Let's hang on to that, for Lila, and for us. Let's stay happy that we have each other and - God knows, that we had her too.


This song and picture just make me feel like the Universe is unfolding as it should.

Happy Birthday to me, that you are by my side, my good little man. I love you with everything I have, and we will be okay, I promise.

No comments: